Self Care Isn't Selfish
Awareness is the Foundation of Wellness
Zena Wellness is a hobby business I launched in 2004, to teach DANCE and YOGA. The pandemic slammed that door shut but opened another, when I found Pretty Loaded™ Situational Awareness & Personal Safety Training.
I became an Affiliate to use my experience as an instructor and assault survivor to help others develop this aspect of well-being.
Pretty Loaded ™ proactive training empowers you with skills to avoid danger and know how to respond if in harm's way.
Our free, online personal safety videos have been viewed by millions of people and numerous news networks around the world.
I've studied, practiced, or taught some form of movement arts for 25+ years.
- LA Fitness Instructor- Hatha YOGA and Body Sculpt, up to 30 students, once weekly, 60- minute classes, all levels, 7 years
- NIA DANCE Fitness Instructor, twice-weekly classes at Zena Studio, up to 10 students, 60- minute classes, and community center special events, 15 years
- In addition to people of all ages and abilities, I enjoy working with culturally diverse and faith-based communities. See ZENA PRESS.
Movement Arts Certifications
- Pretty Loaded ™ Affiliate, Beth Warford, CEO
- The Center for Yoga of Seattle, 200 Hour RYT, national certification, Richard Schachtel, Founder & Owner
- The Nia Technique, White Belt, 100 Hour, Debbie Rosas and Carlos Rosas, Co-Founders
- Full Circle Tae Kwon Do, White Belt, Master James Chang
Academic Education & Certifications
- M.A. Sociology, The New School
- B.A. Communications, Temple University
- Training Specialist, University of Washington
- Adaptive Community Leadership, Saybrook University
- Basic Facilitative Mediation, Skagit County Dispute Resolution Center
“Lee, you're an excellent teacher. You're responsive to students, and set up a comfortable atmosphere that works for people at all levels!"
Teresa, Nia Dance student
If you don't take care of your body, where will you live?
Zena Wellness / Founder & Owner
Pretty Loaded™ Affiliate
SEATTLE | BELLINGHAM | WASHINGTON | USA
© Copyright 2023 by Zena Consulting, LLC. All USA and international rights reserved.