FAQS about Zena Wellness
1. Where and when can I find Zena Wellness classes or coaching?
This is a pop-up business. I hold classes and events that fit your schedule- at my private Studio, in NE Seattle or at a community center in the region. Ask me about grant opportunities or traveling to your town or state for special events.
2. How do I know which fitness class is right for me?
Ask me. I teach three types of All-Levels of exercise. Every body can find a fun and challenging work out.
- Check out Events for upcoming community classes and workshops
- Take a free Yoga or Sculpting class with me at LA Fitness in Lake City, (register below)
- Watch a Nia Cardio Dance video by co-founder, Debbie Rosas
3. Can you help me lose weight?
Yes. The first part of weight loss is picking an exercise program you enjoy and will stick to. I only coach clients who will commit to an exercise plan- even if it's as simple as walking. Nia is a powerful workout. Yoga and Sculpting helps you build lean muscle mass, which burns calories. I reduce the next hurdle by bringing classes to you when you want them.
4. Are you Muslim? Do you speak Arabic?
No and no. My main career is in business communications, where I work with people from many cultures. One goal of Zena Wellness is serving women who prefer to exercise without men around. Being Muslim is only one reason, I don't think it's anyone's business why. I also enjoy bringing women from all cultures together to exercise.
5. What are your fitness and coaching credentials and experience?
I've taught in a variety of community settings for 18 years, and currently teach Yoga and Sculpting at LA Fitness. Other methodologies I use include Positive Discipline and Developmental Assets. My previous Training & Development work in Family Support and Parent Education was an excellent preparation for wellness coaching, since parenting often gets in the way of self-care.